1) The fastest growing group of new users on Twitter are aged between 55 and 64 years old.
2) Facebook has been crowned the favourite social media site for teens with Twitter coming in a very close second.
3) Thousands are turning to the web to widen their circle of friends and even meet the love of their life, with 74% couples saying that the internet has impacted their relationships positively.
4) On the back of this, it would appear that women have the edge on social media management with 71% regularly using networking sites compared to only 62% of men.
5) Many women now cite social media as their go to place for all their trends and tips, defining how modern women view beauty in the 21st century.
6) 45% said they feel “worried or uncomfortable” when email and Facebook are inaccessible. Social media provides a vital life line for millions across the globe and without it they can feel very isolated.
7) 73% of people would panic if they lost their smartphone which contains so much of their life from calendars to contacts and banking to blogging.
8) 23% of Facebook users check their account at least 5 times a day. With the majority of the public owning a palm held mobile devices, checking social media on the go couldn’t be simpler.
9) Over 50% of individuals admit to checking their phone while lying in bed as the glare of a freshly lit screen notifying of a new message or tweet proves too tempting to ignore.
10) The +1 button is hit at least 5 billion times per day. Google’s ingenious button allows users to instantly share and endorse favourite pages publicly and save for future reference.
11) 189 million of Facebook’s users are ‘mobile only’, thanks to smartphones that act like mini laptops connecting people anywhere in the world.
12) Every second two new members join LinkedIn, making this professional social network one of the fastest growing sites.
13) Around 46% of online shoppers will use social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter or blogs for to gain instant insight into the product or services they are thinking of investing in.
14) 80% of all Pinterest pins are actually repins, which suggests that the new material on Pinterest is actually very minimal!
15) Interestingly, of all the pins food is the most popular category gaining a healthy 57% portion of the Pinterest pie chart.
16) 51% of users claim that social media has changed their life in negative way as they struggle with unwelcome attention or heated debates.
17) A quarter of social media users state that they have experienced difficulties in relationships following confrontational behaviour.
Follow us :